Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

veeyeskay
Employee
Employee

oAuth2 Credentials for a DataSet connecting to SharePoint Online Automatically Changes to Anonynous

I have created a Power BI Dashboard using Power BI Designer tool.

This dashboard users queries which pull data from a SharePoint Online environment.

Once the *.pbix file is created using Power BI designer, I uploaded the file to the Power BI site. I had then enabled the Scheduled Refresh option for this DataSet on the Power BI site.

I had specified an oAuth2 connection (as I do not see an Organizational Account option) and stored the credentials and specfied the Schedule for the refresh and saved the settings. The refresh works once after saving, but then subsequently the second time the refresh does not happen and it prompts a message saying credentials are invalid.

When I check the Schedule settings, the credential type has automatically been reset to Anonymous and the oAuth2 settings which I had defined when setting up the schedule does not exist. This means that the concept of scheduling the refresh of these datasets are immaterial, since I have to manually check the schedule evey time and update credentials to refresh the data. This is really painful. Is this a known issue and any solution for this?

12 REPLIES 12

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors