Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rach

new columns added to sql source data column heading not refreshed

I have added 3 new column to  my source table in sql. When I refresh I get the old table scheme remaining but with the new column data put under the old column headings and with the last 3 columns missing. So new data in old schema.

I have refreshed both in and out of the Query editor. I've clicked on Chose Columns and can only see my old column headings shown not the new. I have tried to delete the table completely from the query editor and the desktop but still remembers the old table.

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rach

RESOLVED - The problem was I was adding the new columns in the middle of the table rather than at the end. The new columns refresh fine in Power BI desktop once I moved them to the end of the SQL view.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rach

RESOLVED - The problem was I was adding the new columns in the middle of the table rather than at the end. The new columns refresh fine in Power BI desktop once I moved them to the end of the SQL view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors