Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

delprioreos

missing data

I have a dashboard that pulls in from multiple excel spreadsheets, each around 800k rows, 8 columns. My dashboard numbers weren't lining up with our master source, and even after taking out the "remove errors" and "remove blank rows" steps there are still about ~300 rows of missing data for the most recent spreadysheet which I crossed checked with the original excel file and the master source to find. Any suggestions on what to look into?

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @delprioreos 

Sorry, i'm not clear about your problem.

What is your current situation?

current dataset has 800k rows, 8 columns?

What do you want?

find 300 rows of missing data and add them to current dataset(800k rows, 8 columns)?

Best Regards
Maggie

Current situation is this:

I have a microsoft excel spreadsheet that is 800k rows, 8 columns

I pull it into PowerBI and do some column renaming, data type changing, etc.

Despite taking out the steps to remove errors, blanks, etc. (so in theory all rows should still be there - i have also tried keeping both in, or just one or the other), the figures and graphs on the dashboard I have built are slightly off from the "one source of truth" system 

I exported the data table from PowerBI to a CSV to try and see what went wrong, and found out that 300 rows of data are not being pulled into PowerBI, or are being deleted at some step, with no real pattern emerging (no similarities between any of columns A-H values of missing rows). So I am trying to troubleshoot to see what may be going wrong and if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors