Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fitnesspowerbi
Advocate II
Advocate II

measures incorrectly associated when adding constant to them

When trying to add a constant to a measure in a tabular model, to shift the range of the measure after the measure has been calculated, PowerBI ignores joins on certain fields. Showing all possible combinations of these fields rather than the 1 that is correctly associated. This issue is not with the calculation in the tabular model as connections to the tabular model through excel and in ssms do not have the same issues. Any ideas as to why powerbi incorectly interprets the tabular model but excel and ssms are able to correctly interpret the results?

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Any chance you can post the formula for your measure so that I can experiment with it?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The measure is a combinatoin of percentages Measure A = ((a+b+c)-(d+e+f))/3 such as ((0.9+.5+0.4)-(0.2+.4+.1))/3
the combinatoin has a range that is from -1 to 1 but our end user would like the final number to be between 1 and 0. We shift the scale by taking MeasureB= (MeasureA+1)/2, I have found that the issue is when using MeasureA+1 at this point power bi gives all entries a score of 1 even if they are no associated in the tabular model

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors