Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

klanduyt
Frequent Visitor

json data from URL with environmental information in request

Hi All,

I have created a HTTP json streamer running based on Active Directory authentication. It delivers personalised json data to Power BI Desktop (as a first step).

I'm looking for a way to include in the request (via querystring parameters or headers) some workbook variables from where the stream is consumed.

For example > a users has received an official pbix file, grabs the source url and uses this in another personal pbix file.

I'm looking for a way to get the workbook/file reference to be included in the request.

2018-01-19 16_08_27-Advanced Editor.png

Could I use some environmental variables to link to the filename above in this let request?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@klanduyt,

You are able to define query parameter in your PBIX file, then create a Power BI report template for your users. For more details, please review the following similar blog.

https://databear.com/power-bi-desktop-parameters-and-templates/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors