Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexMunday
Frequent Visitor

is Power BI able to read the DisplayName of manifest?

We are using manifest on top of our entity and load it in Power BI.

The name of our Column is a techical name but we want to use the dispaly name to have a better naming.

{
"name": "CODE",
"dataFormat": "string",
"displayName":"Country Code",
"description":"Unique code for each country used as GUID"
},

It there any way to use the diplay name and the description in Power BI?

Best,

Alexandre Munday 

5 REPLIES 5
AlexMunday
Frequent Visitor

Yes I am still looking for support on manifest integration with Power BI

Hello @AlexMunday 

then you have to explain your problem better, because I cannot follow you. You posted a text-information, that is json and i showed you how to transform that into a readable record. So I cannot get the point what you are still missing

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

AlexMunday
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot for the answer Jimmy but that is not what I was looking for.

The json is only the manifest file using as metadata file for the enity in the back (Common data model) and in the manifest you can add mutiple thingh (display name, definition, ...) but was not able to extract or use them with  Power bi and I wanted to know if that is supported 

Best,

Alex

Hello @AlexMunday 

so you don't need any help anymore?

BR

Jimmy

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @AlexMunday 

maybe I completely misunderstand your, but the data you provided is in JSON-format and to read that use Json.Document and refer to the field "displayName". Is that what you need? Here an example

let
    Json = "{#(cr)#(lf)""name"": ""CODE"",#(cr)#(lf)""dataFormat"": ""string"",#(cr)#(lf)""displayName"":""Country Code"",#(cr)#(lf)""description"":""Unique code for each country used as GUID""#(cr)#(lf)}",
    GetJson= Json.Document(Json),
    displayName = GetJson[displayName]
in
    displayName

Copy paste this code to the advanced editor in a new blank query to see how the solution works.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors