Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

input cell data changes according to source data position

Capture.JPGHi All, 

I am not sure if this is something power query can help me to do--or maybe this is simply an excel question. Any help in the right direction would be great!!! 

I have a dataset of opportunities with their corresponding start date. In addition, there is a "modify column" that allows the end user to input their "new date" if they wish to. the final start date simply takes either the "modified start date" if any else the "start date". 

The issue here is that if i paste new opportunity numbers and start date, the position of the "modified start date" might be wrong. E.g., Opportunity No 23421 end up in the 6th row and therefore the modified start date position is wrong. 

Is there a formula or something that power query can address here? 

Thanks so much for the help

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry I'm not fully understanding the issue. What do you mean by the position of the "modified start date" might be wrong? Per my understanding, if you paste new opportunity number and start date in a new row, other cells in the same row are still blank. Can you describe the issue more clearly? Thank you.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors