Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to write formula when doing query

Hi Profs

could you help me on this?

I hope the last 3 months lastest date and current month all dates to be filtered into the query, that is for the current month the data all will be included, then include May and April latest date also. in the future, it will be the same current month all data, then the latest date of the previous months, eg June 22 and May 25.

how to filter in the query process, I do not want to load in all the data, then use dax to get the result...

the data is too big

Capture.PNG

@Smauro

thanks in advance profs

Hi Profs I am not sure how to change your previous posted code to fit in here

@Smauro @AIB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario. The pbix file is attached in the end.

Table:

a1.PNG

Here is the codes in 'Advanced Editor'.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("ZdK7CsMwDAXQXymeQ9EjfuQ/Ch1CMB0yNdChHfL5TVxZptagyQdf+eJ5dugGR8fwMfd1fVIGvtxen8d23bf37pZhLufnIChC6BFXFBuKPRoF0aiIxh55WYfEcAbqTRAzNTP1JorBoAhDj1INY0VkCpgEMShiU0Bp53xXjRszmDhEQciq0OQhiSJQRTaQq4pNmcrxFF7kiXwGUzl6QWW/n0I0KlSVmkpGRVHkVZE3KklTNTBksIGToNSQySsdlZu8KjR5hKKIVNH/t1q+", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Content = _t, Month = _t, Day = _t, Name = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Content", Int64.Type}, {"Month", Int64.Type}, {"Day", Int64.Type}, {"Name", type text}}),
    Custom1 = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type",each let d=[Day],m=Date.Month(DateTime.LocalNow()),n=[Month] in n=m or 
(
(m-n)=1 and
d=Record.Field( Table.Max(Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type",each [Month]=n), "Day"),"Day")
)
 or
(
 (m-n)=2 and
 d=Record.Field( Table.Max(Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type",each [Month]=n), "Day"),"Day")
 ) 
)
in
    Custom1

Result:

a2.PNG

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario. The pbix file is attached in the end.

Table:

a1.PNG

Here is the codes in 'Advanced Editor'.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("ZdK7CsMwDAXQXymeQ9EjfuQ/Ch1CMB0yNdChHfL5TVxZptagyQdf+eJ5dugGR8fwMfd1fVIGvtxen8d23bf37pZhLufnIChC6BFXFBuKPRoF0aiIxh55WYfEcAbqTRAzNTP1JorBoAhDj1INY0VkCpgEMShiU0Bp53xXjRszmDhEQciq0OQhiSJQRTaQq4pNmcrxFF7kiXwGUzl6QWW/n0I0KlSVmkpGRVHkVZE3KklTNTBksIGToNSQySsdlZu8KjR5hKKIVNH/t1q+", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Content = _t, Month = _t, Day = _t, Name = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Content", Int64.Type}, {"Month", Int64.Type}, {"Day", Int64.Type}, {"Name", type text}}),
    Custom1 = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type",each let d=[Day],m=Date.Month(DateTime.LocalNow()),n=[Month] in n=m or 
(
(m-n)=1 and
)
 or
(
 (m-n)=2 and
 ) 
)
in
    Custom1

Result:

a2.PNG

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you paste a sample, btw do you have a year column? it might be useful in Jan, Feb where you actually need to look at months 1, 12 and 11 or 2, 1 and 12

Many Thanks

Mariusz 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prof,

why is it useful as you mentioned that... @Mariusz 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prof

Troyxx_0-1592912862222.png

actually there is no year column, but I think maybe later they will name the year inside, currently no need

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Am9VKMj_rOZJoHcFQJNqyLY5j2CJ?e=xmLIHi

here is the excel, thanks in advance Prof @Mariusz 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors