Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how Can we pass USERPRINCIPLE or USERNAME as a query parameter in power BI

Hi,

I have oracle store proceure and I successfully loaded data using store procedure in Power BI, now I want to excute my store procedure dynamically with paramter, it shoud executed by power BI logind ID (username) , can anyone guide me how to do this.

your support will be highly appreciate. 

Thanks,

Sunil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

as @lbendlin mentioned, you cannot retrieve these values with Power Query.

How about considering a workaround that fetches the user from the database login instead?
I'm using this function for it:

= ()=>
let
    Source = MySQL.Database("myDBconnectionString", "myTableName", [ReturnSingleDatabase=true, Query="SELECT current_user"]),
    current_user = Source{0}[current_user],
    Custom1 = Text.BeforeDelimiter(current_user, "@")
in
    Custom1

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Thankfully this is not possible.  If you need that level of control, use Row Level Security and/or Direct Query mode against the Oracle table or view.

Hi @Anonymous ,

as @lbendlin mentioned, you cannot retrieve these values with Power Query.

How about considering a workaround that fetches the user from the database login instead?
I'm using this function for it:

= ()=>
let
    Source = MySQL.Database("myDBconnectionString", "myTableName", [ReturnSingleDatabase=true, Query="SELECT current_user"]),
    current_user = Source{0}[current_user],
    Custom1 = Text.BeforeDelimiter(current_user, "@")
in
    Custom1

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors