Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

googlesheet to powerbi desktop

I've  been attempting to connect Googlesheet to powerbi desktop but the data doesn't load as table. 

I've published the googlesheet I'm trying to load, took the url and change the end to /export?format=xlsx 

and tried using credentaisl, annoymous, etc but it seems like the page isn't going past the sign in page so it ends up loading the html data, not the actual table data from the googlesheet.

navigator.png

Does anyone know how to get around this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test, to connect to Google sheet, you can go to that specific spreadsheet, use Publish to the Web, change the selection from Web Page to Microsoft Excel

get the url.PNG

Then copy that generated URL, go to Power BI desktop, use Web data source and paste URL, enter credential use Basic Authentication to get data.

Capture.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test, to connect to Google sheet, you can go to that specific spreadsheet, use Publish to the Web, change the selection from Web Page to Microsoft Excel

get the url.PNG

Then copy that generated URL, go to Power BI desktop, use Web data source and paste URL, enter credential use Basic Authentication to get data.

Capture.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

I did the same steps but it did not work for me i got alwas null as in the first description

any help please?

Best Regards

Asma

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors