Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gomandy99
Employee
Employee

filter option for web api power M query

Hello experts

I am trying to convert my dynamic query to relative path so that it can refreshed automatically.

Old url : 

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("weburl& "incidents?$" & "filter=ticketnumber eq " & CaseNumber))

New url i am trying

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("weburl", [RelativePath = "api/data/v9.2/incidents?", Query = "$filter=ticketnumber eq CaseNumber"])),

Problem Statement: Old Url is exactly giving me single record which is expected. The new url i am trying is working but its giving me 999+ records which i dont want. 

CaseNumber is parameter I am using.

Thanks in advance for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

How about changing the way you reference the Case Number:

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("weburl", [RelativePath = "api/data/v9.2/incidents", Query = "$filter=ticketnumber eq " & CaseNumber]))

or the other option include everything in the relative path

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("weburl", [RelativePath = "api/data/v9.2/incidents?$filter=ticketnumber eq " & CaseNumber]))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gomandy99
Employee
Employee

I already tried that. Its not helping. 

How about changing the way you reference the Case Number:

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("weburl", [RelativePath = "api/data/v9.2/incidents", Query = "$filter=ticketnumber eq " & CaseNumber]))

or the other option include everything in the relative path

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("weburl", [RelativePath = "api/data/v9.2/incidents?$filter=ticketnumber eq " & CaseNumber]))

Thanks. the second option did the trick. 

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @gomandy99 - I think the "?" is unnecessary.  Can you please try removing it?

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("weburl", [RelativePath = "api/data/v9.2/incidents", Query = "$filter=ticketnumber eq CaseNumber"]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors