Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MViolette
Frequent Visitor

failing to import to CRM

Hello,

I am new to using Power Bi, and recently have tried using the 'Get Services' to intergrate Dynamics CRM with Power BI. It connects when entering the URL and I then use the oAuth2 authentication method, this also works. However the pre-existing Dashboard never pulls the CRm Dynamics data through, the import is loading for quite a while then it fails. Can any one help to resolve this?

Regards,

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MViolette We've never been able to get our CRM to pull through from the Content Pack (which is what it sounds like you are trying to access your CRM data from. I think alot depends on your CRM impementation.

The only way I've gotten this to work is when starting from scratch and just connecting to CRM by using the desktop tool (Not the Content Pack). This approach would make you build your own reports.

Got to File -> Options and Settings -> Options

Under "Current File" -> Data Load

Uncheck - Import relationshipts from data sources

Uncheck - Autodetect new relationships after data is loaded

Then we've used the desktop to build the relationships back in to what we needed for reporting.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@MViolette We've never been able to get our CRM to pull through from the Content Pack (which is what it sounds like you are trying to access your CRM data from. I think alot depends on your CRM impementation.

The only way I've gotten this to work is when starting from scratch and just connecting to CRM by using the desktop tool (Not the Content Pack). This approach would make you build your own reports.

Got to File -> Options and Settings -> Options

Under "Current File" -> Data Load

Uncheck - Import relationshipts from data sources

Uncheck - Autodetect new relationships after data is loaded

Then we've used the desktop to build the relationships back in to what we needed for reporting.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Eno1978,

Thanks for your response, I shall try your suggestion. I am a bit confused though, why have Dynamics CRM as an option for the content pack if this doesn't work? I assume the failure would be that Dynamics CRM is modified and customised individually based on each companys own requirements? Is this correct?

Regards,

Mike.

@MViolette I think the issue more lies on the CRM side (size or type and level of relationships). The majority of users are not having an issue, but there are periodic threads like this where individuals have experiences similiar to mine.

Ok thanks for the explanation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors