Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

facebook insights

Hi, 

I have an issue with connection to facebook insights. 2 weeks ago, everything was working fine. I was able to connect to all insights, but now from Power BI I can connect only to public insights. 

The only thing that has changed it was a message from FB api, that my page ID migrated to another page ID. 

From the Graph API Explorer I can get all the insights. From that page, If I copy access token to power query it is working. Problem is that this access_token is valid only for 2 hours what is for my case not OK. 

Does anybody have any idea?

BR, Borut

5 REPLIES 5
FrugalEconomist
Helper III
Helper III

I also can no longer connect to insights. It worked last month, but when I went to refresh it this month, my source query is now broken 😞

It doesn't look like Facebook made any chagnes since 2.6....

Did something happen on the PowerBI end? Tech team hasn't gotten back to me with an answer neither.

DataSource.Error: Facebook: Invalid parameter
Details:
DataSourceKind=Facebook
DataSourcePath=https://graph.facebook.com/
Detail=https://graph.facebook.com/v2.6/47270427529/insights/page_impressions/day?since=1465236947&limit=100...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. 

As I am aware of, this bug is already in resolving status on FB site. 

I will let you know when they will fix it.

BR, Borut

I saw a post in FB developer's help forum. Looks like the closest one got closed unresolved 😞

I never heard back from Power BI devs neither...

I think the problem is with Power BI, because I have no trouble pulling the data from R

library(Rfacebook)
getInsights(object_id="Put your object id here"
,token = "Put your token here"
,metric = 'page_impressions'
,period = "day"
, parms = "&since=2016-05-01"
, version = 2.6
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, with token there is no problem, but there was a possibility to get insights from Facebook just by passing the metric you want to analyse. Of course, you have to be an admin of Facebook page. 

problem with token is that token expires, and you have to get new token. But my customer doesn't want to check for new tokens. She just want to get insights from the page. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors