Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ankita_Rane
Regular Visitor

execute the store procedure by parameter value passed through URL

I have a store procedure connected to Power Bi. The store procedure requires Parameter as Name and Gender to filter the records accordingly. I have created two Parameter in Power BI as “ParameterName” and “ParameterGender” and based on this parameter I should able to filter the store procedure dynamically.

Please find the query for Store Procedure to execute in Power BI:

let

Source = Sql.Database("LINCOIN\SQL2014", "POWERBIDS", [Query="EXEC POWERBIDS.dbo.SelectAllCustomers @name='"& ParameterName & "', @Gender='"& ParameterGender & "';"])

in

Source

Now when I pass the value in Parameters then the store procedure is executed successfully and require output is seen in the table.

3.png

Now I want to achieve the same by-passing Parameters value through URL and filter the store procedure based on values passed in URL.

For Example: I create below URL to pass the ParameterName value as James and ParameterGender value as M

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/ee8b08f7-2f92-4301-8e0e-15bfccf5fa3a/ReportSection5b46f510...

The filters are applied to the report as shown in below screenshot but the store procedure is not filter according to the parameter passed through URL.

2.jpg

Please let me know how to execute the store procedure by parameter value passed through URL

1 REPLY 1
AnkitBI
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Currently there is no option to pass parameters from Reports pages/dashboards to your Power Query. Meaning we can't extract data from source based on anything passed from report page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors