Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ania_roh
Helper III
Helper III

edit dataflows by more than one user

Hi there,

We are working on a new collection data for our company and we created some dataflows for that. 

Is that true that only the owner can edit a dataflows? 

We are working some people on that and we all would like to edit them. 

How can we do the dataflows to have more owners?

Is any solution for that?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

The dataflows should be in a workspace. Admins and Members of a workspace should be able to edit dataflows in that workspace.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you @ Greg_Deckler however, In this case Im admin of the workspace too, but it still apears that I can´t modify dataflow: 

Captura.JPG

captura1.png

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @ania_roh ,

The roles except Viewer are all able to edit dataflow, you could refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-new-workspaces#roles-in-the-new-workspaces  for details.

You said you can't edit the dataflow, could you please inform me the detailed error information in English. In addition, you also need to check whether you have permission to access the datasouce in dataflow, make sure you  have permissions on the gateway.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors