Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

benglen
Frequent Visitor

drill into SharePoint list column items with "Append to existing text" selected.

Hello, my team uses a SharePoint list to keep track of projects they are working on and to update the status and issues related to the projects. I have a power BI report that connects to the SharePoint list for reporting purposes. I would like a way to drill into the text of the status details column so it actually shows the content and not just the url to the list item. The column type is multiple lines of text with the option checked to append to existing text.  When viewing the list item in the SharePoint Grid it Creates a Hyperlink in that status column to the actual list item. This hyperlink is also what shows up when you connect in Power Query.  Thus, one cannot actually see the status details in Power BI.  they can just see the link. I'm trying to pull in the actual content of that status details column. I tried connecting directly to a list item using the web connector but it did not like that. If I could connect via web it would be something akin to connecting to a paginated webpage since the sharepoint list item is at the end of the url. 

SharePointstatus.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
benglen
Frequent Visitor

I found the solution Here. Basically I had to get the full version history of the items invoking the custom function provided in this thread

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
benglen
Frequent Visitor

I found the solution Here. Basically I had to get the full version history of the items invoking the custom function provided in this thread

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I tried connecting directly to a list item using the web connector but it did not like that.

Please elaborate.  Usually this is the right approach.  You can also consider using ODATA queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors