Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sgamage
Regular Visitor

db2 connection error

Hello experts,

I'm encountering an error when im trying to get data using the db2 connection: Microsoft Db2 Client: No connection could be made becasue the target machine actively refused it SQLSTATE=08S01 SQLCODE=-1037. 

Does anyone have any advice on why this might be happening?

Thanks

Sahan

9 REPLIES 9

Same error, can we have any solution for this??

Hi ! I need a solution on this issue, DB2 connector in Power BI is not working for me. Same error showed.

dgeiger
Regular Visitor

Also having this error. Even within Power BI, I can connect to the same source with ODBC, but for reasons of filtering and number of results, would like to connect via Db2.

Gowtham4446
Frequent Visitor

No, Please anyone help me, i am also encountering the same error.

krepko7
Employee
Employee

We are getting the same error during a client POC.  DB2 works fine when you pull data in Excel.  The sames doesn't work in Power BI.

Did anybody ever get this resolved?  I am having the same issue were I can connect to the source DB2 (iSeries) from Excel, Access, SQL but not Power BI.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sgamage,

Do you get the above error when connecting to DB2 database from Power BI Desktop? If that is the case, could you please connect to DB2 database from other application such as Excel and check if it is successful?

According to the above error message, there are some proposals for you troubleshooting it.

a. Verify that if the DB2 server is up and running.
b. Check the port status by using “netstat” in your DB2 server and verify the port is in state Listen.
c. Include the port number in your connection string when connecting to DB2 database.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How do I execute this tests?

Do you have a documentation?

Vanice

Hi @vmsouza30 , @sgamage      

Please refer to the following articles.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/nix/entry/checking_whether_an_db2_instance_is_run...
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21264632
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_11.1.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.qb.server.doc/doc/t0004727....

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors