Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nealp

data refresh issues

Hi
I am currently working in a sharepoint online environment and have set up an excel sheet that draws the data entered into a sharepoint list on the site and creates a data model. I can refresh the excel sheet and the powerpivot data without issue but cannot schedule a data refresh, i am currently getting the below error.
all the documentation states that it can be setup, this environment has no gateway installed and this would simply be getting data from sharepoint into excel on sharepoint.
Please could someone help?
(the content is generated in sharepoint and therefore shouldnt require an on premise connection???)

ExcelServices operation ended with errors: ExternalDataRefreshFailed: An error occurred while working on the Data Model in the workbook. Please try again. Correlation ID: 9373fd35-57bd-406d-9cd2-428ba65cae03

2 REPLIES 2
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I am not sure but I think the issue is that while the excel sheet can draw data in, it can only save that information when it is open. So the data may be refreshing but a new copy is not being saved.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

thank you, that is also my idea, but how to save the copy?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors