Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zedders12345

data model / power pivot relationships not working

Hi I have built relationships between my data tables in power pivot.  I have tried to avoid many to many relationships by connecting everything to a unique look up value table.  All relationshsips say they are active yet when i try and drag and drop field from different table into a pivot table it suggest that there are NO relationships. 

Upon clicking manage relationships i can see they are all still active 

Zedders12345_2-1656539345795.png

As you can see im just left with a useless value.  Someone please help me !!

Zedders12345_3-1656539359512.png

Zedders12345_4-1656539441393.png

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

In your relationship diagram, the LookUpTable filters all the other tables but not the other way around, so the Count of LookUpTable[BP] is unaffected by any other table values.

That's why it isn't working, but I don't understand enough about your data and what you're trying to do to suggest a solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

In your relationship diagram, the LookUpTable filters all the other tables but not the other way around, so the Count of LookUpTable[BP] is unaffected by any other table values.

That's why it isn't working, but I don't understand enough about your data and what you're trying to do to suggest a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors