Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

create new measure based on multiple criteria and uniqueID

Hi all,

Really sorry, complete newbie in DAX 🙂

I need to have a measure that count the IDs that have skills / subskills.

To have a skill it is necessary to have all the traings corresponding to that skill, and the number of trainings can vary depending on the skill (example: for power bi it is necessary to have 3 trainings: training 1, training 2 and traing 3, while for sharepoint is required to have 2 trainings: training 7 ans training 8). In this example, ID 1 has the power bi skill because it has passed the 3 trainings but ID 2 hasn't the skill because it only has training 2 and 3.

In each skill we can have sub skills and just have a sub skill (corresponding to the skill) to have the skill.

In case of lot , to have this skill it is necessary to have the traings 20, 21 22 and 23, or else to have the trainings 20, 21, 22 and 24, so in this case IDs 6 and 7 have this skill.

I remember that I want only counting the IDs that have skills / sub skills and to have this it is necessary that the IDs have the corresponding trainings.

This is the table that I have for make the measure.

skills forum.PNG

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Anonymous 

that was never specificated. This will be my last attempt to propose a solution. 

Changed the measure to 

SkillCount = var reportskill = SELECTEDVALUE(Report[Skill]) 
var reportsubskill = SELECTEDVALUE(Report[Sub-skill])return
COUNTROWS(
    Filter(
    ADDCOLUMNS(
        SUMMARIZE(
            Report;
            Report[ID];
            Report[Skill];
            Report[Sub-skill]
        );
        "Sum";
        CALCULATE(
            SUMX(Report;[% training]);
            Filter(
                Report;
                [ID]=EARLIER(Report[ID]) && [Skill]=EARLIER(Report[Skill])&&[Sub-skill]=earlier(Report[Sub-skill])
            )));Report[Skill]=reportskill && Report[Sub-skill]= reportsubskill &&[Sum]>=0,99))

The result is this

image.png

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

i suppose your table shows employees (ID) with differenct trainings. And now you want to count how many skills has somebody.

If this is true, you would need a matrix where you build up all the possibilities to get a skill and afterwards you could do some comparison (but you need to find a way to connect both tables and to implement a column to assign the percentage of an skill gotten with every training)

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use this measure but this isn't result and doens´t give me the correct number of skills per ID.Capture.PNG

Can you help me please?

Thank you

Hello @Anonymous 

Unfortunatly such calculations are not that easy to make. I've tried an approach with a virtual table, apply a sumx to it and afterwards filter it accordingly. Here the new measure

SkillPerID = var reportid = SELECTEDVALUE(Report[ID]) return
COUNTROWS(
    Filter(
    ADDCOLUMNS(
        SUMMARIZE(
            Report;
            Report[ID];
            Report[Skill];
            Report[Sub-skill]
        );
        "Sum";
        CALCULATE(
            Filter(
                Report;
                [ID]=EARLIER(Report[ID]) && [Skill]=EARLIER(Report[Skill])&&[Sub-skill]=earlier(Report[Sub-skill])
            )));Report[ID]=reportid && [Sum]>=0,99))

my outcome is like this (didn't apply your whole table)

image.png

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Jimmy, but I need a table when I have name of skills and the number total of each skill, and these skills are done by the IDs. I need too the total number of that skills. That measure do the number of skills per ID and I need number of skills per skill please and a total of this. Do you understand?

Thank you so much, can you help me do this measure please?

Hello @Anonymous 

so create a matrix like this, or what is missing here?

image.png

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

This table isn't what I want. I want a table when I have two columns: All of skills in first column and the total number of skills with final total in another column.

Thank you Jimmy

Hello @Anonymous 

that was never specificated. This will be my last attempt to propose a solution. 

Changed the measure to 

SkillCount = var reportskill = SELECTEDVALUE(Report[Skill]) 
var reportsubskill = SELECTEDVALUE(Report[Sub-skill])return
COUNTROWS(
    Filter(
    ADDCOLUMNS(
        SUMMARIZE(
            Report;
            Report[ID];
            Report[Skill];
            Report[Sub-skill]
        );
        "Sum";
        CALCULATE(
            Filter(
                Report;
            )));Report[Skill]=reportskill && Report[Sub-skill]= reportsubskill &&[Sum]>=0,99))

The result is this

image.png

Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

I would like how I get the total of SkillPerID column.

Can you help me please?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

I already finish this and now I have the following table:

skills forum.PNG

I use this measure:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors