Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rmh
Frequent Visitor

cosmos sql statement

Any idea how to write sql statement when logging into powerbi with cosmos db connector. When I try I get the message shown below. I am not sure what the message is trying to tell me. Anyhow, does any one have the knowledge of how to? 

rmh_0-1639733041846.png

rmh_1-1639733223375.png

11 REPLIES 11
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rmh ,

You may refer to:

https://github.com/Azure/azure-cosmos-dotnet-v3/blob/master/changelog.md

And according to the official document, please check if your queries contain:

Eyelyn9_0-1640135664855.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

my query includes Top , so according to your screenshot, this can not be served by the gateway. Is there any thing I can do about the qateway or the the SDK, and how?  

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rmh ,

As the error message said——The provided by the gateway. This is a first chance (internal) exception that all newer clients will know how to handle gracefully. This exception is traced, but unless you see it bubble up as an exception (which only happens on older SDK clients), then you can safely ignore this message.

I think you need to upgrade to latest SDK version to fix the issue.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Can we assume that your problem is with the query, not with the database connection?

rmh
Frequent Visitor

True

Are you running the December 2021 version of Power BI Desktop?

rmh
Frequent Visitor

rmh_0-1640005693737.png

You may want to upgrade to the latest version and then try the query again.

rmh
Frequent Visitor

I have now upgraded powerbi to december version, and I still get the same weird message. I can not get from the message what am I suppose to do or what the error is.. any idea? 

rmh_0-1640088006291.png

rmh_1-1640088122071.png

Did you follow @v-eqin-msft 's suggestion and update the SDK as well? What about the gateway? That should be running 110.3

rmh
Frequent Visitor

and which SDK is that? and which gateway? where can I do that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors