Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vanessa250919
Helper IV
Helper IV

change data source to existing report

Hello, I don't know if it's possible, I created one dataset with Oracle in PowerBI and now I want to change this data source with PowerBI Dataset it is possible ?

Thanks for help.

Vnaess 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Vanessa250919 

I do not think it is possible. Oracle connects  using a Server/DB connection and you are getting data structure from an RDBMS system. Power BI dataset is different, it Is from Analysis Services and  it has a workspace connection.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

You could just make another query starting with your new data source. Then, in the advanced editor, copy the whole source line, and then in the advanced editor of your original query, past the new source line over the current one. Note: you MUST do this in the ADVANCED EDITOR, or else your subsequent steps will be deleted!

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Vanessa250919 

I do not think it is possible. Oracle connects  using a Server/DB connection and you are getting data structure from an RDBMS system. Power BI dataset is different, it Is from Analysis Services and  it has a workspace connection.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors