Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mozuliov

cannot import Excel file to Power BI

I cannot import Excel file saved on OneDrive to Power BI dataset. It has worked before just fine. I even tried to import the ones I had previously imported and it did not work any more. Need help:

issue.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mozuliov,

I am unable to reproduce your issue. Could you please connect to the Excel file in Power BI Desktop and check if it is successful?

You can follow the guide in article below to connect to Excel located at OneDrive in Power BI Desktop.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was able to import this Excel book (containing Power Pivot model) from local file to Power BI Desktop. I also can connect from Power BI Desktop to certain tabs of this Excel book published on OneDrive.

However, I still cannot create a dataset on Power BI from this Excel book being either being saved on OneDrive or from Local File.

Also, I cannot create a dataset from Excel files (containing Power Pivot models) I have previousely was able to...

@mozuliov,

Have you enabled multi-factor authentication(MFA ) in your scenario recently?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have not. Probably my admins did - I will ask them. 

Another news: starting today I cannot refresh already published models that connected to OneDrive! Last Refresh was on Apr 17th - still with warning, but it was refreshing. Today - nothing....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors