Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

poogleshmoogle
Frequent Visitor

calculate time between two columns and different rows - turnaround calculation

I have two columns:
In time and out time - the columns are formatted in date and time. I need to find the turnaround time in minutes (in time - previous out time). 

I also want the turnaround time for just the day, not between two dates. (on excel I was just doing less than 2 hours to be safe and then filtering) 

Another question based on the same data, so I would need to calculate the delay time(which is the first in time for the day - 8am), any idea on how to do that? For each day, have a new column that says the delay time.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you 🙂

Screenshot (15).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @poogleshmoogle 

You can first add an Index column with Power Query Editor, then add a calculated column with below DAX. Change this TurnAround column to Decimal number data type. 

TurnAround = 
var _previousOutTime = MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Index]=EARLIER('Table'[Index])-1),'Table'[Out Time])
var _previousOutDate = DATEVALUE(_previousOutTime)
return
IF(DATEVALUE('Table'[In Time])=_previousOutDate,'Table'[In Time]-_previousOutTime,BLANK())

vjingzhang_0-1669794253019.png

For delay time, you can create the following column. Also change its data type to decimal number. 

Delay = 
var _firstInTime = MINX(FILTER('Table',DATEVALUE('Table'[In Time])=DATEVALUE(EARLIER('Table'[In Time]))),'Table'[In Time])
return
IF('Table'[In Time]=_firstInTime, _firstInTime-(DATEVALUE('Table'[In Time])+TIME(8,0,0)), BLANK())

vjingzhang_1-1669794896120.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @poogleshmoogle 

You can first add an Index column with Power Query Editor, then add a calculated column with below DAX. Change this TurnAround column to Decimal number data type. 

TurnAround = 
var _previousOutTime = MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Index]=EARLIER('Table'[Index])-1),'Table'[Out Time])
var _previousOutDate = DATEVALUE(_previousOutTime)
return
IF(DATEVALUE('Table'[In Time])=_previousOutDate,'Table'[In Time]-_previousOutTime,BLANK())

vjingzhang_0-1669794253019.png

For delay time, you can create the following column. Also change its data type to decimal number. 

Delay = 
var _firstInTime = MINX(FILTER('Table',DATEVALUE('Table'[In Time])=DATEVALUE(EARLIER('Table'[In Time]))),'Table'[In Time])
return
IF('Table'[In Time]=_firstInTime, _firstInTime-(DATEVALUE('Table'[In Time])+TIME(8,0,0)), BLANK())

vjingzhang_1-1669794896120.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors