Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vandergledison
Helper III
Helper III

automaticly append 2 tables

Dear all,

i have a table that gets an update every year.

i already appended both of them. In the old i filter the years 2017-2021 (e.g) and in the new one i filter 2022-2028 (the new one always come with 5 years or more in the future (forecasting).

After appending them, i get a final version containing the data from 2017 till 2028.

This new one should now be the one that i would use as an "old one" for the next year.

Is there a way so i could automate the whole process? like when i add the new query data to gater the data untill previous year and add only the current and future years?

thanks a lot

the link contain an extract of how the table looks like (they are always the same format)

Table example 

2 REPLIES 2
KT_Bsmart2gethe
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Vandergledison,

My understanding is you have 2 tables, both applied filter and mutually exclusive. You want to automate them so you don't have to change the filter.

Questions:

1. Are you using Power BI or Excel?

Solution:

1. If you're using Power BI, then you can use the incremental load as per @ImkeF

2. If you're using Excel, you can achieve it with an Input table.

3. Add a formula to each query prior appending them.

e.g. Table 1: Table.SelectRows(#"Previous Step", each [Column - Year]<Date.Year(DateTime.LocalNow()) )

Table 2: Table.SelectRows(#"Previous Step", each [Column - Year]>=Date.Year(DateTime.LocalNow()) )

Regards

KT

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @Vandergledison ,
not sure I understand your request, but maybe you're looking for incremental refresh: Incremental refresh for datasets and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors