Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

neildonnell

appfigures data seems to assume currency is in USD when in-fact it's in GBP (on Appfigures)

So I have appfigures set-up and it tells me things such as revenue in £GBP but when the data comes through the connector into BI it seems to keep the same value but it's in USD.   I'm not sure if this is a  problem with BI or the appfigures api.

Anyone else spotted this (or know a way I can flip the currency in BI)?

6 REPLIES 6
curth
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Are you using the predefined content pack or creating a new query from inside PBI Desktop?

Thank you for responding.  I'm using the prefined content pack within the webinterface.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two reports based on the same data format (I still have to create a new report each month - that's a separate post) and PowerBI displays one using USD and one using GBP.  I can't figure out why  - the advanced query editor shows the same transformations going on - nothing relating to locale.

I am using PowerBI desktop to create the reports and haven't added anything beyond what comes with what is downloaded from Microsoft.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found the interface for specifying the currency that is being used - it isn't in the data transformation interface.  Rather it is a setting that can be applied when viewing the data tables in PowerBI desktop - the menu on the right in PowerBI desktop - second from the top that is a graphic of a table.

Select the columns that are a currency, then in the Formatting group, select format > Currency > the currency you want.

I can't work out how you would do this in the web interface.

Thank you, that's a start.  Hopefully someone can advise on the webinterface.

I did have a look at the desktop but I'm a bit puzzled as to why I can't use the desktop to upload reports/formats to the webclient.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use the desktop to upload your data and reports to the web interface - use the publish button.  You can't go in the opposite direction, so if you are going to use the Desktop tool at all, I would recommend doing all your authoring in it, so you can save all the settings locally.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors