Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ceortega
Advocate I
Advocate I

Zendesk Ticket Limitation

Does Power BI set a limitation on the number of tickets?  I am going through Zendesk tickets created in 2015 and it looks like I am missing a lot of January, February, and March ticket volumes. 

I did some research and it says that it could be Zendesk archiving where Zendesk archives tickets after 120 days after closed.  Could that be the case where I can't trace and agree prior periods because the tickets were archieved?

Also, if they are archieved how can I access that information in Power BI?

Christopher E. Ortega, MBA
Manager, FP&A
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @ceortega 

Just in case you're still looking an easy way to exoprt your Zendesk data including custom fields, please refer to the app we've built: https://www.zendesk.com/marketplace/apps/support/834457/power-bi-connector-by-alpha-serve/

Feel free to reach out support team at support@alpha-serve.com if you need any assistance.

Regards,

Anton

PowerBIGuy
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

There are no limits set on the Power BI side. If your using the Content pack i would sugguest connecting to zendesk via the Power BI desktop and see if you get the same results. 

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

I got the same amounts. After doing some research last night, what is evident is not on Power BI's side but Zendesk archieves 120 days after ticket has been closed.   And the API connection doesn't pull acheived tickets from Zendesk which significantly Power BI ability to pull full year of tickets created.  

Here is the exact link for others to reference.  This is huge limit from Zendesk and on Power BI having some way to access achieved tickets from Zendesk but I am surprised that no one has brought this issue up yet.

https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203657756-Ticket-Archiving

Christopher E. Ortega, MBA
Manager, FP&A

We are also using the Zendesk Connector and expierence the same issue.

It renders using PowerBI for Zendesk almost useless as we don't have all the data that we need.

Did you find another way to get all the data into PoweBI, or is there an updated zendesk connector that does get all the tickets?

And I also found the answer, use the API to get all the data and import is seperately into PowerBI

https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204617638-Microsoft-Power-BI-and-Zendesk-data

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors