Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Youtube Scrapping

Hi,

I want to scrape web results from youtube. It is a list of one random channel videos. However, when trying to do get data>web>insert link>table using examples, I have to first go through cookie settings. which I am unable coz of no interaction with website from pbi window.

here is the screenshot:

jagjag_0-1624450988217.png

Any help appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you solved this problem? Do you find any method to go through the cookie settings?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I cannot reproduce this. I used https://www.youtube.com/c/GuyinaCube/videos to test this. When I connected to this URL, in the Navigator window, the video information displayed well in the suggested table. And when I used Add Table Using Examples feature, it also worked as expected. 

062502.jpg

Is this the page you want to get data from? Maybe you can try launching IE and Edge browsers on the same computer, visiting the same youtube channel to go through the cookie settings in web browsers first. Then in Power BI Desktop, connect to the same Channel URL to get the data. Power BI Desktop seems to use Internet Explorer 11 as the web browser when doing the connections.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors