Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gramespa
Frequent Visitor

Yahoo finance refresh in PBI Service

Hi all,

i am currently building a dashboard to manage financial assets and added date from yFinance as well. While everything works fine in Desktop, i cant schedule autorefreshs in PBI Service since i am using "dynamic sources" which are not yet supported

I am using shown query to get the data. As you can see i added some parts to allow etraction of more than one stock at once but can't figure out how to make the autorefresh work. I guess i must adjust the period within the weblink somehow?

= (stockquote as text) as table =>

let
Quelle = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/download/"&stockquote&"?period1=1564617600&period2=25560...",", Columns=7, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None])
in
Quelle

Has anyone experienced this is might now how to fix it? Or is autorefreshing just not an option with this data set?

Best regards

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Try using the RelativePath and Query options in Web.Contents.  See this post for details.

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query An...

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
halomo97
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, did you ever get this working? I'm trying to do the same thing. I can't get the RelativePath solution to work. Wondering if there's something obvious I'm missing. 

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Try using the RelativePath and Query options in Web.Contents.  See this post for details.

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query An...

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors