cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jl20 Member

Workday ERP connector

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has insight into reporting out of Workday on Power BI. It doesn't look like a native connector exists, so is the best workaround to schedule Workday reports to CSV, and load it on a recurring basis automatically? What about a third party connector or custom solution?

Thanks,

Jon

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Workday ERP connector

@jl20,

Does the Workday ERP system have any backend databases? Or does it have REST API or support OData Service?

In Power BI Desktop, it is possible to connect to database, or use OData feed connector/web connector to connect to OData Service/REST API.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jl20 Member

It's a SOAP API. The database is object-oriented, so it's unclear how I'd create the data model within PBI even if I was able to connect. Seems like I'd need to report out of Workday into a flat file and then load that into PBI. What do you think?

Chihiro Established Member
Established Member

What I'd do is following.

Have some script/code that runs on schedule to grab data from SOAP API. Have db with stored proc or have some process push data to db. This ensures you store it in the format that's easy to handle with PowerBI.

Added benefit is that you can create Views and such for quick consumption by PowerBI.

Do note that you'll need gateway server set up for this.

Highlighted
ZappySys Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Workday ERP connector (Get data from XML SOAP Webservice)

ZappySys has announced Generic XML SOAP / JSON REST API connectors which you can use to pull data from WorkDay SOAP Web Service / REST Service in Power BI or other ODBC tools. Check below link

https://zappysys.com/blog/connect-workday-power-bi-import-soap-data/

Import Workday SOAP Web Service Data in Power BI (ZappySys XML Driver)

Here is how you configure work day connection.

Configure Workday SOAP Request - URL, Body, Filter

Preview Workday Data (Test SQL query for ODBC XML / SOAP Driver)

Import Workday data in Power BI dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 231 members 2,199 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: