Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rsmccall33
Helper II
Helper II

Whitelist PowerBI service FQDNs or IP ranges for Connectors to work

I want to use the JIRA connector to procure custom reports in PowerBI.com service.

Two difficulties.  The first is that our Jira is sitting behind a WAP and requires MFA.  I don't see how I can possibly setup the JIRA connector in this setup.

The second, I was given a second external IP to use to connect to Jira.  However, I need to get through the firewall which means I need to whitelist the FQDN or IP range that the PowerBI.com service uses.  

Is this the best possible solution currently?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41653&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=...

If so, I suppose we'll need to create a program that pulls this down weekly and modifies a firewall rule automatically.   

4 REPLIES 4
rsmccall33
Helper II
Helper II

Our PowerBI subscription lives in useast2, so I created a firewall rule to allow inbound traffic from all of the useast2 IP subnets to any local port.  I'm still unable to connect to Jira using the PowerBI connector.  I'll have to see what else could be blocking me. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@rsmccall33,

Yes, you would need to keep an eye on the updated Azure datacenter IP ranges and whitelist them in your firewall.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for confirming Lydia.

Do all IP Ranges operate on port 443 alone?  If there are others, what are they?

@rsmccall33,

Based on this article, *.powerbi.com operates on port 443, and other fully qualified domain names used by Power BI gateway operate on other ports such as 5671, 5672, 9350 thru 9354.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors