Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Where the loaded data from a dataserver is saved on my computer/server? ODBC is used to connect to

I used ODBC to connect to a dataserver and loaded a big data (around 20 million rows) into power bi desktop. Am I only connected to the dataserver or I duplicated the data somewhere in my computer or on the server?

I would love to AVOID duplicating my data. Any guidance is appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Pouya,

IF you are connected to a dataserver using ODBC the data was loaded to your powerquery, i mean it was imported using the ODBC data source, if you refresh the data into powerquery screen, the data will be updated from your ODBC source and any changed data will be updated.

So i dont think that you´ll have any duplicate data here. 

@Anonymous Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know how I can assure that I have not duplicated the data anywhere?

Pouyan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy way to ensure, is modify or add data in our imported power bi view and check your source data, you will see that nothing will be changed in the source data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors