Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MartinCMQ

What is options parameter in Folder.Files(path as text, optional options as nullable record)

In Power Query documentation we find description: 

Folder.Files(path as text, optional options as nullable record) as table

Returns a table containing a row for each file found at the folder path, path, and subfolders. Each row contains properties of the file and a link to its content.

Wonder where I can learn what the second parameter "optional options as nullable record"  is, what it does and how to use it? After lot of googling I can not find any place where this information is provided.

Is the maybe a possibility to use this parameter to instruct Folder.Files() function to get fonly files of a certain type?

Anyone knows what second parameter options  for Folder.Files() function is and there is this documented?

Example:

let
    // Definition at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/folder-files
    //
    // Folder.Files(path as text, optional options as nullable record) as table
    //
    // What is options? Where to find description? What do it do?
    //

Options = null,
    Source = Folder.Files("C:\Users\Dan\Favorites", Options)
in
    Source

3 REPLIES 3
dwainew
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever get a real answer to this?

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MartinCMQ , 

I can't reproduce this in my environment, so if possible, could you please inform me how to reproduce this code or your code sample (by OneDrive for Business)? Then I will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I updated problem description..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors