Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Web connector: Now I cannot link an Excel file in Teams (Sharepoint)

Hi

I cannot to do "get data" from Power BI Desktop with the "web access" connector from last February 1st to Teams Excel files (Sharepoint link)

I try to link via "web connector" Excel files saved in Teams.  I did it many times in the previous months but now it doesn't work. I don't understand why I receice the message "access forbidden to the resource" if I created the file in teams (sharepoint) and I am using the same user in Power BI to "get data".

I am even not prompted to choose an account! I would like to choose my organizational account, but I cannot. Directlly Power Bi try to connect. It looks like it tries to connect with the default credentials "anonymous".

It is curious, because now in order to update an excel file already linked (before February 1st) I have to edit the connection, and choose my organizational account. At least for old files I can choose "organizational account" but for new files I have no chance to choose the organizational account as directly comes the mistake, The account panel is by-passed.

It happens with the last release of december. Mates with an old release don't have this issue!

So please, solve this incident!

Javier

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Please update the latest version of Power BI Desktop ( 2.66.5376.1681) and test again. By my test with this new version, everything works as expected.

If it still have problem , please create a new pbix file and clear the Permission the data source of SharePoint you used before under Edit Queries>> Data source setting>>Global Permissions>> find the sharepoint source >> Clear Permissions.

Then you could get data again.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!!!

Now it works!! I updated the Power BI Desktop to 2.66.5376.1681 and still failed...  After clearing the permissions then all began to work as previously!!!

Super!!!!! It was really a big problem me as couldn't link and get data from any new file...

Yours sincerely

Javier

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Please update the latest version of Power BI Desktop ( 2.66.5376.1681) and test again. By my test with this new version, everything works as expected.

If it still have problem , please create a new pbix file and clear the Permission the data source of SharePoint you used before under Edit Queries>> Data source setting>>Global Permissions>> find the sharepoint source >> Clear Permissions.

Then you could get data again.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

When I try to update the datasets from the Power BI Service,...

captura1.JPG

I can only do it with "Power BI"" one, since the OAuth2 option appears and then I choose credentials....

captura2.JPG

But when I try with the datasets that come from Sharepoint Online and to which I access via web I can not update them because only the "Anonimous", "Web" and "Basic" options appears....

captura3.JPG

So, is it possible to take the updates of the Shrapoint Updates files from here?

I don't know if something is wrong or I would not expect to accomplish that task just from here

Regards

Javier

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!!!

Now it works!! I updated the Power BI Desktop to 2.66.5376.1681 and still failed...  After clearing the permissions then all began to work as previously!!!

Super!!!!! It was really a big problem me as couldn't link and get data from any new file...

Yours sincerely

Javier

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors