cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuyAinley
Frequent Visitor

We cannot convert the value

I'm trying use Text.Combine to concatenate the values from two columns which are both text but I get the error

"We cannot convert the value "003011" to type List.
Details:
Value=003011
Type=[Type]"

Anybody any thoughts.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy801
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @GuyAinley 

Text.Combine takes a list and you are feeding it with a text-value. This is the problem. How are you referencing your two columns ? you need to have the result on row level? Then just use [Colunn1]&", " & [Column2]. 

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy801
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @GuyAinley 

Text.Combine takes a list and you are feeding it with a text-value. This is the problem. How are you referencing your two columns ? you need to have the result on row level? Then just use [Colunn1]&", " & [Column2]. 

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

Thank you very much, that's worked for me.

negi007
Super User II
Super User II

@GuyAinley  Please check if there are no null values in your dataset. It is possible that null values might be preventing you from performing the task that you are trying to achieve. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me here

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors