Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gjohnston
Regular Visitor

Visualizations Stopped Working

I created a report using BI Online with several visualizations.  The data connection is to a very simple Excel file in my business OneDrive.  I added some columns to the Excel file and now visualizations don't load and I get this error:

Fields that need to be fixed

Something's wrong with one or more fields: (medical_plan_data) Total Cost 12M
Activity Ide65708c7-e66b-405d-aba7-6a8cb24a7910
TimeWed Aug 19 2015 16:30:19 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Version11.0.9167.640

The odd thing is that if I create a new visualization using the same fields that are stated in the error code they load fine.

4 REPLIES 4
Mustafa
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Probably you have changed some of the fields names, if you delete your report and re-publish, it will be solved.

I had the same problem after publishing from Desktop when I changed the Table names.  To fix it, I had to delete the Dataset online, and then republish the report from Desktop.   Considering that during the initial publish, Desktop warned me that it would replace the Dataset, I consider this a bug.

Dan_A

This error message seems to be displayed when you've deleted the data source that your visualisation is dependant on. Check the fields section in the Report screen to see what data sources your visualisations are coming from. Also double check the tabs in your report.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In general, the members of this forum at not able to troubleshoot these kinds of issues. Your best bet is to send a "frowny face" when in the Service. It is the smiley face icon in the upper right. It allows you to describe the problem and take a screen shot. I have had VERY GOOD success when using this feedback mechanism. I generally receive a very timely reply from the support team.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors