Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

louisvp
Helper II
Helper II

Very slow WABI-west-EUROPE-d-primairy-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Dear Community,

I have created serveral Dataflows.

In Power BI Desktop I merged serveral tables.

But when I want to refresh my data I takes very before my data is refreshed.

Power BI Desktop is connecting to the source WABI-west-EUROPE-d-primairy-redirect.analysis.windows.net.

Could somesone please advise me what to do, so the refreshing of my data becomes faster?

Thanks

Louis van Paassen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @louisvp ,

If your data is large, the update will be very slow for the merged query in power bi.

Do I need to store the data from the datalow in "Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2" and merged the tables in "Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2"?

I think do some changes in the datasource such as merge query instead of in query editor in power bi should be the most efficient way for your requirement.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @louisvp ,

I have a little confused about your scenario.

Please let me know the details below so that we could help further on it.

Did the data source refresh slowly in power bi desktop or power bi service?

Power BI Desktop is connecting to the source WABI-west-EUROPE-d-primairy-redirect.analysis.windows.net.

What does this mean? What is your data source in power bi desktop? Which connector do you use in power bi desktop?

Do you have the refresh problem when you merge queries?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry Gao ,

Thank you for your response.

I will explain the situation.

I created serveral dataflows in Power BI Service. With fact tables and transaction tables.

In Power BI Desktop I connect to these Dataflows. This goes very fast!

And here comes the problem: In Power BI Desktop I merge the fact tables with the transaction tables (in the Power Query part of Power BI Desktop).

When I refresh all the data it takes very long (18 minutes) before all tables are update.

Attached you see some screen shots

This morning I tried the make a reference of the facttables to try if this makes the reshing of the data makes faster. But it did not make it faster.

Could you please advise me how I can make the refreshing of the tables goes faster?

Do I need to store the data from the datalow in "Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2" and merged the tables in "Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2"?

I look forward to your advise.

Thanks

Louis van PaasseKnipsel2.JPGKnipsel.JPGreference.JPGKnipsel7.JPGdataflow1.JPGDataflows.JPGKnipsel6.JPGKnipsel5.JPGKnipsel3.JPG

Hi @louisvp ,

If your data is large, the update will be very slow for the merged query in power bi.

I think do some changes in the datasource such as merge query instead of in query editor in power bi should be the most efficient way for your requirement.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors