Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

davewood

Vertica connector status ?

Hello,

I’m currently working on a project where we want direct query access to an on-premises Vertica database and would like to know a couple of things

• When will the Vertica connector be made Production ready ?
  • Will it then be available in the gateway ?

Many thanks

Dave WOOD

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@davewood,

Firstly, there is no timeline about that when the Vertica connector will be made production,

Secondly, it doesn't support Vertica data source in gateway currently. As stated in this article, data sources that are have (Beta) after their name are subject to change, they might not be supported after publishing a report to the Power BI service, which means that that opening a published report or exploring the dataset can result in an error.

In your scenario, you can consider to create ODBC connection for Vertica, then connect to the ODBC data source in Power BI Desktop, create report there and refresh the report in Power BI Service. There is a blog for your reference.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply Lydia, unfortunately the ODBC connection doesn't support direct query so I really need the connector.

Regards

Dave

@davewood,

If you need to use DirectQuery mode, I am afraid that you would need to wait for the production release.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I guess I have no choice then. I hope it's coming soon as the Vertica connector has been a Beta for over 8 months now (October 2017)

Regards

Dave

How about putting the Beta Vertica connector in the gateway ?

That way at least I'll be able to see if my proposal can work. 

Thanks

Dave

@davewood,

Currently, Vertica data source is not supported in gateway, see the list of supported data sources in gateway in this article.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Any updates on this?

Regards,

With OCT Release Vertica DQ mode is now available in Production from DEsktop tool but there is no Datasource available from Gateway to connect to Vertica Driver. Am I missing something ? On premise Gateway is also updated to lateast Oct release.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors