Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

csandwick
Frequent Visitor

Using total from rows and not totaling the columns

In my report my measure column is showing the correct number for each row, but the total at the bottom is wrong. The measure takes the stanard weight times the quantity. The formula for the measure is below and using sum and sumx both yeild the same results. In the second picture you can see I've changed the standard weight field from "don't summerize" to "sum" snd the rows don't change for stanard weight, but the total it shows for that column is correct. You can see though that the incorrect number for the measure is calcuated from the sum of quantity and starard weight multipled by each other, which is not what I want or even correct. How can I fix this so the totals are total down the columns?

Measure = SUMx('BelleHarvest Inc$Item Ledger Entry',[Quantity]) * SUMx('BelleHarvest Inc$Item Variant',[Standard Weight])

Standard weight not summerizedStandard weight not summerized

Standard weight summerizedStandard weight summerized

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@csandwick,

Create the following measure in your table.

Measure2 = SUMX('BelleHarvest Inc$Item Ledger Entry','BelleHarvest Inc$Item Ledger Entry'[Quantity]* 'BelleHarvest Inc$Item Ledger Entry'[Standard Weight])

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The information is coming from two different direct quries, the Item Ledger and Item Variant table so BI wont accept that formula for the measure.

@csandwick,

It seems that you refer to different columns and tables, could you please share dummy data of your tables and post error message you get?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors