Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TePe
Helper III
Helper III

Using SSRS Data Feed as a source for Power BI

Hi,

I try to leverage a SSRS report as a data source to Power BI via the Data Feed / OData functionality. So I open the report, export it as a Data Feed, take the URL from the feed and try to use it as OData source in Power BI. I use Windows authentication. However I receive an error like: 

Details: "Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Resources.HttpResource: Request failed: 
OData Version: 3 and 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Server Error)
OData Version: 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Server Error)
OData Version: 3, Error: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Server Error)"

Any idea? It's SQL 2016 (13.0.2149.0) with the newest build of Power BI (January 2018)

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@TePe,

How do you determine the Data Feed URL of your SSRS report? Based on my test and according to this article, I can connect to SSRS report in Power BI Desktop using Web entry and enter the following URL. Please check if Excel format works in your scenario.

http://myrshost/ReportServer?/myreport&rs:Format=Excel

Additionally, the new SSRS 2017 API is OData compliant, which means that you can use OData feed entry in Power BI Desktop to connect to SSRS. For more details, please review this blog.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@TePe,

How do you determine the Data Feed URL of your SSRS report? Based on my test and according to this article, I can connect to SSRS report in Power BI Desktop using Web entry and enter the following URL. Please check if Excel format works in your scenario.

http://myrshost/ReportServer?/myreport&rs:Format=Excel

Additionally, the new SSRS 2017 API is OData compliant, which means that you can use OData feed entry in Power BI Desktop to connect to SSRS. For more details, please review this blog.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors