Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ddevil

Using Power Query SDK to build a Connector similar to the Get Data -> Web connector

I am a newbie to the Power Query SDK, and hoping that someone can point me in the right direction...

I am trying to build data connectivity between Power BI and a backend ERP. The API's to interact with this ERP are hideously complicated and I need to be able to [1] configure the API then [2] store the API Configuration and then [3] pass that configuration into the API in order to retrieve the data.

The best way I can think to do [1] would be through HTML5 pages with JavaScript since the UI capability in Power BI / Power Query SDK seems to be quite limited. [2] and [3] should in theory be possible with "M" / Power Query SDK.

Is there a way to create a Browser session through the Power Query SDK similar to the screen that you see when in Power BI you go to Get Data --> Web --> you enter the URL and you then get the panel for uploading data from the web

Thanks - D

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ddevil , 

I am not familiar with Power Query SDK, so I suggest that you could @  supers in this forum for more suggestions , or you also could create a ticket for this problem(https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/)

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors