Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Parameter to Push Demand Forwards X Days

Hey, 

I have three tables called Projects, Demand and DateProject and Demand are connected through ProjectID and Demand and Date are connected through date. Currently I have a report where I can see sum of demand hours for each project for selected days. The problem is that sometimes projects get delayd, meaning for example that no work can be done for a month, and the required resourced demand will move forwards one month. 

I have used what-if parameters before, and managed to create a slicer, which allows the user to choose a project, and adjust the total demand for the project. What I've recently been trying to do is to allow the user to choose a project and for example move the demand forwards one month, like you can see below. 

Current demand

Project Name         January          February           March

Project X                  100h               100h                 50h

Project Y                   50h                 50h                  100h

Project Z                   100h               100h                 0h

Demand after Project Y and Project Z have been delayd by one month

Project Name         January          February           March

Project X                  100h               100h                 50h

Project Y                   0h                  100h                 100h

Project Z                   100h               0h                    100h

How should I start working on this? 

I have tried creating a new measure that changes the date in Demand table using the following:

Adjusted_TimeByDay =
IF (
SELECTEDVALUE ( slicer_project[slicer_project] ) = MAX(Projects[Project Name]),
DATEADD(Demand[TimeByDay],Parameter[Parameter Value],DAY), DATEADD(Demand[TimeByDay],0,DAY)
)
The slicer_project is a copy of the Projects table and project names, and I've been using that to choose the project which I want to delay. 
2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

To understand your scenario better, please share the data sample which could reproduce your scenario and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Or, ideally, share the pbix (beware of confidential data).

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, and thank you for your reply. 

I tried to create a dummy example that you will find attached. Here are also some screenshots. 

Link to dummydata: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19yv7l8lLtHApMmDoKApsRcQj2Y7xv3kX 

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors