Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhwang
Frequent Visitor

UserVoice Integration - returning "Failed to update data source credentials"

Hi all,

I don't know how many people are using UserVoice and have tried to integrate with Power BI. I am trying to connect to our company's UserVoice account (I have an admin account) and I get the following message:

PowerBI UserVoice Error.jpg

From what I gathered from the UserVoice support rep, it may be due to not having a ticket system with them and having just the enhancement tracking system is not going to work. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there any workaround for this? If not, is there a way to create our own organization content pack that can use the UserVoice API that is available for the account?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Jiyeon

4 REPLIES 4
allisonvarnell

PowerBiError.pngAny luck with this @jhwang?  

...I have the exact same issue.

I contacted UserVoice, and they said even thought our company is only using the Feedback Feature (and not their ticketing system) that as far as he knows I still should be able to get access through PowerBi.  

I did see some tickets with a possible solution being in JSON with UserVoice's API, but I have not had much luck getting started there either.  

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!

I haven't had a chance to try it since then. Interesting that UserVoice says it's not due to the type of subscription we have. We've done some workaround to get a UserVoice dashboard up (ie. export to Excel and import spreadsheet as a dataset). I think our UserVoice admins were waiting for UserVoice to update their API to try to create our own content pack. I'll keep you posted on what I find. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jhwang,

Wondering if you ever got this working? I am currently facing the same issue when trying to connect our UserVoice account to Power BI.

allisonvarnell

@jhwang - Sorry you are having this issue, but I am glad I am not alone in my stuggle (and frustration) with this!

I am having the exact same problem you described! Just like you @jhwang, I am the admin (and acccount owner on UserVoice) and our company only uses UserVoice's feedback features as well (and not the ticketing system).  

After asking UserVoice, they said there is "nothing on there end preventing me from connecting" to PowerBi, and they pointed me to PowerBi for the answer.

Here is the error I get, and the process that I go through to get the error.  I am the admin for the UserVoice account, so I am not sure what is going on.  We do require that our clients access the site using our App, could that be causing a problem?

I saw some tickets on the API and things like that, but I am not quiet sure how to get that setup either.  Any help would be appreciated!

I am able to "Allow Access" when sent to the UserVoice Verification Screen, but I still get an error every time.I am able to "Allow Access" when sent to the UserVoice Verification Screen, but I still get an error every time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors