Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Allan77R2V1
Helper II
Helper II

User PowerBI to show all users in my O365 tenant that have a PowerBI pro license

I want to get a list of people in my Orgnazation using PowerBI pro.  I cant seem to figure out if there is a API for this. Has anyone successfully done this?

10 REPLIES 10
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Allan77R2V1,

You can get number of users that are assigned with Power BI Pro licenses by connecting to Office 365 Adoption content pack. If you want to list user names, please use PowerShell as described in the blog below.

http://windowsitpro.com/office-365/office-365-licensing-windows-powershell

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you! Do you know if the O365 Adoption content pack will eventually have the list of users for PowerBI? Seems strange to me that user list are avilable for all the other products but not PowerBI.

@Allan77R2V1,

How do you create the user list for other products? I can see the number of users when using Power BI Desktop to connect to Office 365 Adoption PBIT file, you can check the user name for Power BI in the appropriate table by connecting to the PBIT file.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This brings up another issue that I have not been able to resolve. Whenever I try to use the pbit file I enter my tenant inf but fail to pull the data with this error.  In my investigation there are lots of poeple with this issue but I cant find a fix.  However if I use PowerBI Web then the data loads fine.

DataSource.Error: OData: A supported MIME type could not be found that matches the content type of the response. None of the supported type(s) 'application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=minimal, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=true, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=true, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatible=false, application/json;odata.metadata=full;odata.streaming=false;IEEE754Compatib...' matches the content type 'text/html; charset=utf-8'.
Details:
    DataSourceKind=OData
    DataSourcePath=https://reports.office.com/pbi/v1.0/I removed the tenant address/TenantClientUsage

@Allan77R2V1,

I am not able to reproduce your  issue, do you use September release of Power BI Desktop? Do you use Organizational account to sign in?

Regards,
Lydia

Yes, I am runnin g the Sept release and Im using a Global Admin Org account. I have tried clearing the cached persmisions but no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Did the latest version resolve your issue?  I'm on the latest version but have a similar issue.

No it hasnt solved my issue. I believe it is a API issue rather then a PowerBI issue. I had one of our Windows Admins create a powershell script that pulls the data and it works great. So the date is there, Microsoft just hasnt exposed it through reporting or APIs.

No it hasnt solved my issue. I believe it is a API issue rather then a PowerBI issue. I had one of our Windows Admins create a powershell script that pulls the data and it works great. So the date is there, Microsoft just hasnt exposed it through reporting or APIs.

@Allan77R2V1,

I would recommend you send a Frown in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors