Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use First Row as a Header

Hello,

Is there any way to replace the string values highlighted in red colour by a value given as an input? The thing is those values varies depending of the retrieved data. I am using them in a function.

#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Transposed Table", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Price", type text}, {"Rates", type text}, {"Stamp Duty", type text}

Best,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Anonymous 

the code that you posted that Power Query promotes the header and then changes the data type. Whenever you change the data type, you have to indicate column name and type in a nested list. So when the data structure can be changed (column names changed) you have to apply the code I gave you, this works dynamically.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution.
Kudos are nice to - thanks
Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous ,

but in witch step you need to have them dynamically?

Meaning when you need them for the Table.TransformColumnTypes you have to read first the column names, create a second list with the types in it, Zip them and then use them as parameter for the function something like this

Header = Table.ColumnNames(#"Promoted Headers"),
    Type = {type text, type text},
    ZipHeaderType = List.Zip({Header, Type}),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",ZipHeaderType)

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I think I did not express myself well. The data for the headers is taken from a series of website tables through a function, some of them just varies in position and value, so headers will change. I just wonder if there is an string expression that I can put between " " to consider whatever value comes in. But nothing about retrieved data. Thanks for your help.

Hello @Anonymous 

the code that you posted that Power Query promotes the header and then changes the data type. Whenever you change the data type, you have to indicate column name and type in a nested list. So when the data structure can be changed (column names changed) you have to apply the code I gave you, this works dynamically.

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through your comments with regard nested lists looking for information and trying different things, but I was unable to make it works. Still I missing something in my code.

let
Source = Web.BrowserContents("https://www.propertypal.com/410-falls-road-belfast/608614"),
#"Extracted Table From Html" = Html.Table(Source, {{"Column1", "TABLE[id='key-info-table'] > TR > :nth-child(1), TABLE[id='key-info-table'] > * > TR > :nth-child(1)"}, {"Column2", "TABLE[id='key-info-table'] > TR > :nth-child(2), TABLE[id='key-info-table'] > * > TR > :nth-child(2)"}}, [RowSelector="TABLE[id='key-info-table'] > TR, TABLE[id='key-info-table'] > * > TR"]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Extracted Table From Html",{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}}),
#"Transposed Table" = Table.Transpose(#"Changed Type"),
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Transposed Table", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Header", type text}}),
Header = Table.ColumnNames(#"Promoted Headers"),
Type = {type text, type text},
ZipHeaderType = List.Zip({Header, Type}),
#"Changed Type2" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",ZipHeaderType)

in
#"Changed Type2"

Can you please give me a hand with it?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, that clarify.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors