Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unexpected end of input was found in JSON content

I am trying to refresh a dataset which retrieving data via an api from DY365. But everytime it gives below error in middle of a powerQuery step.  

NeoBA_0-1616162776817.png

"Datasource. Error: ODATA: Invalid Json. Unexpected end of input was found in JSON content. Not all objects and array scopes were closed. "

when refreshing the powerBI desktop and the service it gives a similar error as below.

"OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] OData: Invalid JSON. Unexpected end of input reached while processing a JSON string value.."

Appreciate any help since no support found online.

Thanks,

NeoC

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

this means a Json-file is corrupted. Maybe created by a interface. What you could do if one character is missing at the end and in case put it... so basically reading the binary from json, adding the missing character if missing and then reread it.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

Hello @Anonymous 

I think the error is not even caused by this query but the error is caused by the query you are merging with. So the error appears when the merged query is queried. But still.... the problem is probably a corrupted json-file.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kb_athira

I also had a similar issue, it git solved automatically after clearing my cache. I closed the existing file after clearing cache and then reopened it with another file name and then data got loaded in the desktop

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

this means a Json-file is corrupted. Maybe created by a interface. What you could do if one character is missing at the end and in case put it... so basically reading the binary from json, adding the missing character if missing and then reread it.

Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jimmy801 ,

Update on above. Now it refreshes fine at the powerQuery level. Havent dont anything at all 🙄
and give the same below error after close and apply. But again it will pop up once i refresh the current view in powerQuery!

NeoBA_0-1616223227923.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jimmy801 ,

Thanks for the reply.

You think this is the case even the error comes at an middle of a applied step? Cuz when I try to expand a merged query it gives the error. But the destination table query refreshes perfectly fine at the individual refresh.

NeoBA_1-1616215963020.png

Thaks,

NeoBA

Hello @Anonymous 

I think the error is not even caused by this query but the error is caused by the query you are merging with. So the error appears when the merged query is queried. But still.... the problem is probably a corrupted json-file.

Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Jimmy801 ,

I have changed the source to SQL since there was no way to validate the json file. Anyway your idea helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors