Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Understanding "loaded queries contained errors"

Im trying to understand what happens when I get "loaded queries contained errors" messeage when importing data - 

I reas that I can keep the errors/ remove them etc. but what happens in case I choose to do nothing? is the entire row bwing ignored? just the cell where the error exists? is it being replaced by an empty value?

thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

this depends of the type of error. In most cases these errors are caused on datatype-setting. So Power BI tries to identify you datatype using the first x rows. Then the transformation is applied. If on row x+1 this conversion is not possibile (lets say because normaly your column has a date but on this cell you have "N/A") then you have an error. However all data is processes but the error will not be transfered. In other scenarios I can also think that not all rows are transfered.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Jimmy801 

when you say "However all data is processes but the error will not be transfered" what do you mean? what will happen to the row where the error appear? and to the specific cell of the error? how will it be treated when counting/visualizing etc.?

Hello @Anonymous 

if the error is only in one celle (like I mentioned when applying data type transformation) then a date will be visualized in the report, but if you have maintained "N/A" and transforming this to a date, then "NA" will not be visualized. 

BR

Jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors