Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tsanka
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Unable to unistall PowerBI personal gateway

Hi guys,

I am trying to uninstall the personal gateway from my computer. However the process hangs with an open empty window "Power BI Personal Gateway Uninstallation".

Has anyone met the same problem and how can I solve it?

Thanks

Tsanka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Tsanka Even I was facing the same problem. Tried unistalling many times but did not succeded.  Then  I found that permanently deleting the Microsoft Data Management Gateway folder in C:/Program Files help me resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Tsanka Even I was facing the same problem. Tried unistalling many times but did not succeded.  Then  I found that permanently deleting the Microsoft Data Management Gateway folder in C:/Program Files help me resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

Could you specify which folder did you delete. I can not find the folder you wrote about:
C:/Program Files.Microsoft Data Management Gateway

Tsanka
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Going back 5 months ago, I think the folder was C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Data Transfer\DataManagementGateway

I have not met that problem in the new releases of the personal gateway.

Tsanka
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks, @ashishrj

It worked. I manually killed all processes, deleted the gateway folder and then uninstalled the personal gateway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Kudoed Authors