Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

robstewart89
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Unable to "Browse" in Query Editor after recent update

Hi, When going in to Query Editor and changing the source of an excel file that i have connected to my power BI dashboard, I get no "Browse" option to change the file source.

I've clicked on the settings icon next to the first step in Query Editor and the below window appears:

QueryEditor.PNG

A workaround for this is to find the file source and copy/paste in but I definitely had the option to Browse for this file before.

My colleague, who hasn't yet installed Sept 2016 update, is saying the Browse option is available for him.

Thanks,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@robstewart89

This regression will be fixed in the October release of PBI Desktop. Please check it in the next release.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@robstewart89

This regression will be fixed in the October release of PBI Desktop. Please check it in the next release.

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @robstewart89,

I can also reproduce the issue in Power BI Desktop version 2.39.4526.362. I will report it internally and update here once I get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@robstewart89 I have seen that before and its kind of a bug that has got introduced with latest version. You should report it here but i think pbi team is already aware of it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors