Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Unable to link Dataverse and SQL Server tables within Dataflows

Hello!

I am trying to link a Dataverse table to a SQL Server table in a Dataflow Mashup. 

Dataflows which contain only Dataverse tables work fine. Dataflows which contain only SQL Server tables work fine. So I am confident there isn't an issue with our Data Gateway, or permissions, etc. 

However, if I try to connect Dataverse as a data source to a Dataflow which already contains SQL Server tables, I receive the following error:

An exception occurred: 2 arguments were passed to a function which expects 1. (Session ID: d6cf1fe5-5338-4801-b421-8d63232da0a9, Region: uk)

If I do it the other way round (i.e. add SQL Server tables to a Dataflow which previously only included Dataverse tables), tables from both data sources are listed in the Queries panel on the left. However,  as soon as I try to link them, I receive the following error: 

"2 arguments were passed to a function which expects 1."

Has anyone come across this before? Or have any suggestions? 

Best regards, 

Ryan

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you Stephen. 

Upgrading the Gateway to the latest version (3000.122.8 - April 2022) appears to have done the trick. 

Best regards, 

Ryan

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ryan_L,

Please upgrade the gateway to the latest version and try connecting again.

Also you could refer to the following similar posts:

networking - Power BI Query Error - Expression.Error: 2 arguments were passed to a function which ex...

[Expression.Error] 2 arguments were passed to a function which expects 1

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors